Do you have extensive experience in your field, and a passion for teaching? If so, creating tutorials for Tuts+ could be for you!
Tuts+ is a huge, well-respected network, and our authors gain considerable exposure. We pay excellent rates for accepted tutorials and have a great community of knowledgeable authors you too can join by creating educational content for Tuts+.
What We're Looking For
At Tuts+ we publish extensive, detailed, and informative tutorials of the highest quality, designed to teach creative and technical skills in a concise and approachable way. These may take the form of:
- written tutorials, or
You can get a good idea of what content we're looking for based on what's already been published. If you're not sure whether your tutorial concept is suitable, send us a pitch, along with an introduction and examples of your work, and we'll review then let you know.
Remember, if your initial idea isn't quite what we're after, it could still be a great starting point to discuss other potential tutorial topics. Our editors might already have the perfect idea in the topic pool just waiting for someone with your expertise to claim it!
Send Us a Pitch
If you're interested, please take a look at the important information below and read the Author Guide, which details everything from formatting to invoicing.
If you're on board with our process and and think you can nail the standard of content we're after, feel free topitch your idea to us using this form.
You can submit a specific idea for a tutorial, or just introduce yourself and explain what kind of content you'd be best suited to write. There's no need to submit a complete tutorial, but the more details you include the better.
We're looking forward to receiving your pitch!
Other Important Information
Before you submit anything, check that you understand and are happy with all of these points:
- Your tutorial must be your original work and not published elsewhere. Envato will retain the digital publishing rights exclusively.
- You must have a PayPal, MoneyBookers, or Payoneer account for us to pay you; this fee (in USD) will be paid within the first two weeks of the month after your article is published.
- You will need to submit your tutorial using our content management system.
- Your tutorial may be edited prior to publishing.
- Your editor will send through a simple contract relating to your work as an Envato Author for you to look through and sign.